Like speaking, writing is also considered an important form of communication. Not only that, but it is also a significant part of education. This is why very childhood teachers and parents try their best to improve children’s writing ability. It is an ongoing process and children grow their writing skills with time. But the process begins at home and as a parent, you can do several things ranging from fun activities to daily writing practices to help your child develop strong writing skills.
Here are some tips on how to improve your child’s writing skills recommended by Unison International School, the best CBSE school in Pinjore.
Tips to Help Your Child Improve Writing Skills:
- Make It Fun: You can play some game activities with your child that can encourage writing. For instance, playing Crossword puzzles, and word games can help your child improve vocabulary as well as writing quality.
- Read Up: Regular reading is the root of better writing. It is because when children read regularly they learn how to form a sentence using words. Moreover, it will also expand a child’s vocabulary. So, make sure you help your child develop a reading habit from the very childhood.
- Try Different Materials: You can make the process fun for your child with several activities like finger painting, salt writing tray, sidewalk chalk on the driveway, and many more.
- Connect Their Interest: It is important to find out your child’s interests whether your child is curious about animals, books, cartoons, or something else. No matter whatever his/her interests, you can connect them to their writing by helping them to write a story on their favourite character or things.
- Model It: There is no denying the fact that when you are trying to teach your child something, let your child see you are doing the same thing. So, when it comes to writing, make sure you also do this thing regularly, so that it comes to your child naturally. It does not mean that you have to invest a lot of time writing essays, poems, stories, and others, it can be as simple as writing a grocery list, a sweet note to your child, a thank you card or anything you like.
Writing is an important skill to learn. Yes, it takes a great time and effort to develop great writing ability, but Unison International School, one of the top CBSE schools in Pinjore tries to help students by incorporating fun writing activities and games for giving writing skills a boost.